The keys to successful restoration of The Star Barn and establishment of Agrarian Country are the people who love the barn and appreciate agriculture and are willing to give of their time and resources to make it happen. Many people have already demonstrated their support; however, future plans will require a tremendous effort on the part of thousands of people throughout the country. The leadership of Agrarian Country will be seeking grants from local, state, national, and private sources to help fund projects. We expect strong support from major contributors of projects such as this; however, the backbone of support will come from private individuals who are willing to give of themselves. Agrarian Country is a Pennsylvania nonprofit organization and has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) public charity. Contributions are tax deductible in accordance with Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Following is a list of ways you can help with The Star Barn and Agrarian Country projects:
Make a Financial Contribution.
Consider a financial gift of any size, consistent with your means and your desire to help. Consider one or more of the following:
- Grassroots Sponsor: If your company or agricultural commodity association would like to promote your brand or organization, contact us to set up an exploratory meeting to discuss the options for your involvement.
- Agrarian Star Partner: If you wish to contribute a one-time or frequent gift to Agrarian Country, you will be recognized as an Agrarian Star Partner. Your contribution will support the development of Pennsylvania’s premier showcase for agriculture.
Become a “Barn Raiser” Volunteer.
Our volunteer program is essential for the successful development and daily operation of Agrarian Country. We need your time and talents for accomplishing all aspects of our program. This includes, but is not limited to, interaction with the public through construction work, maintenance, food service, teaching, story-telling, and guiding tours. Sharing your agricultural knowledge, both historical and modern, is invaluable to the communication of our mission. Contact us to discuss details regarding various opportunities and needs. Go to How You Can Help - Volunteers to see scheduled work days.
Become a Chattel Donor.
You may donate something you own to benefit the Agrarian Country project. Examples include:
- Historic structures. This includes old barns, mills, covered bridges, schoolhouses, silos, fences, churches, and even homes.
- Antique farm machinery and equipment. This includes tractors, machinery, barn equipment, etc. Some machinery can be displayed in Agrarian Museum World, while other old machinery can be sold for scrap metal.
- Antique farm toys. If you have any old toys (in any condition), it may be feasible to restore these toys and place them in the Agrarian Farm Toy Museum.
- Farm animals. Most of the animals needed in each of the agricultural production enterprises will be donated by farm operators throughout the state. These include dairy, beef, bison, deer, horses, pigs, sheep, poultry, etc. Some of these animals will become part of the Agrarian Country foundation herd, while others will be marketed through Agrarian Country benefit auctions.
- Rural art and artifacts. The Star Barn is one of the most artistically photographed, painted, and sculpted structures in North America. Hundreds of artists have created beautiful images and products of The Star Barn. We will be opening The Star Barn Rural Art Gallery and Museum which will feature art works produced by local and national artists. If you wish to donate originals, prints, or objects to the gallery or museum, please contact The Star Barn Curator.
- Equipment, materials, and supplies. If you or your company wish to donate equipment, materials, or supplies needed to build new buildings or support any of the agricultural production or agri-business enterprises, you may discuss our needs with an Agrarian Country representative. Examples of donations include: complete functioning buildings, building materials, animal feed, fencing, farm equipment, vehicles, construction equipment, etc.
The official registration and financial information of Agrarian Country may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free (within Pennsylvania): 1.800.732.0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.